Friday, April 8, 2011

A Time of Change

Those of you that know me, know that I'm not new to this blogging thing. But, recently I realized that I needed to change the tone and focus of my blog. It will still *hopefully* be light and funny like my last one, but it will also have more of my thoughts about my Savior and my testimony of the Gospel as I start this different chapter in my life.

For those that don't know me, I'm a single mom of 3 amazing little boys.

Each of these special little boys, has a HUGE and wise spirit within them. Each of them have a specific purpose and mission in this life, and I was chosen to make sure their feet are firmly planted on the path that will lead them back to our Father in Heaven. No small task.

And then there's me. I'm a cancer patient. I have recently been diagnosed with leukemia and today started my first chemotherapy treatment.

If there's one thing I've learned from single motherhood, it's that if you don't let the Lord lift you up and carry you, your feet are going to get so stuck in the mud that you just can't move anymore.

So that's us. Writing this blog is mostly as an outlet for me, but I pray that others will read it and find peace, answers and a stronger testimony of our Savior.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry about your recent diagnosis. My friend just recently fought strong with her 1 year old daughter that had leukemia...I pray that you will be strong, but I can already tell you are! Your spirit shins like no other in the photo of you and your boys.

    ReplyDelete