Tuesday, August 9, 2011

An Update

I always hate these kinds of posts. Mostly because they just aren't fun at all!

We've been home from Monterey for about a week now. Tanner is back in school, and loving it. His teacher seems to be totally awesome and he's got a few of his old friends back in his class.

Andrew is being...well...he's being Andrew. I'm working on getting him into some speech therapy. We knew he'd have some delays since he was a premature baby, but I guess I wanted to ignore them. We need to get him into some therapy before it's time for him to start school, so that he can progress with the other kids his age.

Isaac is doing pretty well. He's back to just his twice daily steroid breathing treatments, and I haven't had to give him a rescue treatment in almost a week. We got the bills for his ambulance ride and ER visit and mom had to give ME a rescue treatment. I keep telling myself that it's a small price to pay for having a happy baby boy smiling back at me.

As far as my health is concerned....well, I'm sick of talking about it. I know that sounds bitchy and calloused, but I think it's time that I get to be that way for a while. The following is a link to my current diagnosis, with some information about the disease and prognosis. I am fighting this with everything that I have, and I don't intend on letting this bug win, but it's going to be one hell of a fight.

http://www.umm.edu/ency/article/000095trt.htm

The information is blunt and doesn't give you that warm fuzzy feeling, but it is what it is.

I always welcome your calls, texts, prayers, invites to lunch, and all the other wonderful things that you have given me over the months. I am truly blessed with phenomenal friends and family. I love each and every one of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment