We are so lucky to have such talented and loving friends that will do awesome things for us like get up SUPER early to beat the heat and deal with our wacky kids, so that we can get some uber cute new family photos! A HUGE thank you to Sonya Acedo for these awesome gems! She not only caught the boys personalities but actually made Kevin and I look pretty dang good in the process! ;)
Now, on to Boris...
Earlier today we learned that Boris' scientific name is leiomyomasarcoma. Big word for chemo and radiation resistant tumor in my small intestine. Surgery is, of course, an option but that's where it gets a bit tricky. 10 years ago I had gastric bypass and so I only have 1/4 of the small intestines of a normal human. Because this kind of tumor grows within the wall of the intestine they will have to cut out a portion of the intestine. If they don't get every single piece of Boris, Boris Junior will grow and then another surgery will have to happen. If Boris the Third grows then more intestine will have to be taken out.... pretty soon I'm gonna not have any small intestine left, and while this sounds like a fabulous weight loss plan, I hear having no small intestine will make survival kind of difficult.
We're still waiting for insurance approval to do the capsule camera study so that up close and personal pictures of Boris can be taken, so that the doctors can see exactly what they are dealing with. My nurse advocate from the insurance company is working tirelessly to make sure the procedure gets approved so that it can happen as soon as possible.
With this news today, I am even more grateful for a loving Heavenly Father, a phenomenal stake president and the First Presidency who granted us the permission to be sealed early! August 16th can't come soon enough for me!












No comments:
Post a Comment