All I've ever wanted, all I've ever dreamed of
Everything I hoped and all the things I prayed for
Couldn't hold a candle to what I've been given
I've been given what I need
A mansion on a hill or love like in the movies
Perfect little life where no one has a problem
Instead of all those things I thought I really wanted
I've been given what I need.
~Michael McLean
I have been given EXACTLY what I need. Well, the cancer isn't exactly what I need... but I have three amazing kids, a PHENOMENAL husband, two of the most remarkable parents in the world and scores of friends that hold me up during some of the darkest days a person could ever endure. My life is NO fairy tale, but I have been given exactly what I need.
The next couple of weeks are going to be tough for us. I have 3 back to back treatments. All are being put into a vein in my leg, which is extremely painful and means that I have to spend most of my time with my feet up to allow the medications the best possible chance of circulating through my system. Ya'll know that I suck at just laying around, but that's all I'm allowed to do.
But, it's a test, right? The Lord is still trying to teach me patience and I'm obviously a slow learner! I''m being given what I need....
Hope all is well, I have not heard from you in some time. Always thinking of you. Blanca
ReplyDelete