



After we left Claremont Village we drove straight through to Fresno. Andrew was awesome on the drive just playing with his legos and reading books. I am blessed to have such great kids!! As soon as we got to Fresno I got to meet Kevin's dad, stepmom, two of his sisters, and his brother. What a great family! I am blessed to be joining that family!
That evening we went to dinner at the home of Kevin's best friend. Jesse and his wife Patricia have two extremely cute kids and I enjoyed the time we spent there. I wasn't feeling great, so we didn't stay long. I hope next time we're up there that we get to spend more time with them.
Saturday started early and was a long but incredible day! It started out bright and early with breakfast at Josh and Amy's house (Kevin's brother). Amy made yummy pancakes and I got to get to know their kids a bit. Then we spent some time at Kevin's dads house and then it was off to meet his mom. After we left moms house we headed over to see his sister, Deborah, and her family. I had fun chatting with them and their kids. When we left there, it was back to dad's house and out for steak. I love a family that eats cow!




4:00 Sunday morning we took off for home but not before we stopped in Lancaster to see Kathryne, Chad, Zach and the STILL unborn Baby Bekah! (I even offered the child money to be born before I got there. No go. Dumb) It's always awesome to see Kathryne. We couldn't stay very long, because, even as much as I love her dog, Molly, poor Andrew is deathly allergic to her. We said our goodbyes, I scolded Bekah for not being exutero (I know that's probably not a word but oh well) and we took off. Less than 5 minutes after we left Kathryne's house, a woman ran a red light and hit us. Had we not seen her coming and Kevin slammed on the brakes, the accident would have been much worse and Andrew would have been seriously injured. Ambulances, cops, tow trucks, and police reports finished, Kathryne took us to pick up a rental car, buy a new car seat for Andrew and we took off for home...FINALLY. (Just as a side note...the model of Jetta that my sister drives is super nice. The rental Jetta we got was super CRAP!!!) So, now we're dealing with insurance issues, chiropractic issues, pain issues...issues in general.
Yesterday I received a phone call from my oncologist. It appears my blood cell counts are all still royally messed up and that I have to go through 12 more weeks of chemotherapy. I'm still processing that information, and I'm not quite sure what to think for feel about it. I'll let you know when I do.
Congrats on your engagement! Loving that you're in love! :) What a wonderful trip, until the car accident of course. :( I'm so sorry about that, and especially your blood cell counts. Your health, and happiness, and dear family, continues to be in my prayers, truly.
ReplyDelete