Monday, March 12, 2012

Progression...

Fungus is a bad thing...especially when it's in your brain.

We learned a few weeks ago that the valley fever has progressed to my brain. I'm on the maximum dosage of all the anti-fungal drugs, and their side effects are absolutely ridiculous! The pain that comes with them has to be managed with narcotics, which causes even more side effects...it's a vicious cycle.

The worst part about all of this is that I'm literally losing my mind. I'm turning into my mother in more ways than one. I do things I don't remember. I go places I don't remember. I watch TV shows with my husband that I don't remember. I repeat myself a lot. I have bruises and cuts on my body that I have no clue how I got. I fall asleep wherever I may be. Forming sentences is very hard! Simply getting this far in writing this post has taken me over an hour. I feel like my brain is shutting down.

We don't know if this is something that will go away when the valley fever dies, or if it's a permanent problem. I'm seeing the neurologist today to get his take on it. I'm sure there will be more test in my near future.

So, if I'm talking to you and I repeat myself, please forgive me. If I send you a text that doesn't make sense, please just ask for clarification. If I start to babble, please know it's the fungus talking and tell me you still love me.

No comments:

Post a Comment